Friday, March 28

Oh sweet, sweet Friday.

And it's five more weeks before school begins again. Five weeks before I trade the limited freedoms that I have now for the ones that I have when I live away from home.

Earth Hour is this Saturday, and I think it's a really good strategy on WWF's part to spread global awareness for the environment and energy efficiency. Much better than those idiotic concerts (which are a collossal waste of energy on the grand scheme of things), anyhow.

But when does awareness turn into action? So we're famous for being able to talk the talk. And by the time we act, won't it be too late?

Perhaps it's a bit cynical, but I'm just being a realist. Governments simply care too much about economical and industrial benefits to give the environment a higher spot in their priorities list. For the trillions that we've spent on wars, we could probably have researched a practical alternative fuels vechicle by now. I'm just saying.

And there's no greater place to see selfishness at work on a grand scale than in politics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.